The UFCW strongly believes that workers should have a voice in their jobs. The only way to have a true voice in your workplace is to have a union contract. The more workers join together to fight for their rights, the more management listens to what they have to say.
Unions negotiate for:
- Wages increases
- Safe conditions on the job
- Employer-paid health insurance including vision, dental, and prescription drugs
- Reasonable line speeds and workload requirements
- Job security and seniority rights
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Opportunities for advancement
- Protection from unfair treatment or favoritism by supervisors and employers
The U.S. government says you have the legal right to join a union or help organize a union where you work. Union members earn substantially more than nonunion workers in similar jobs. The small amount you pay in dues brings large rewards not just in your paycheck but also in your benefits and working conditions.
Take the first step today
UFCW Local 540 Membership
17780 Preston Road
Dallas, TX 75252